Basic Licensing Units for Security Licence
The Basic Licensing Units (BLUs) are the compulsory WSQ security courses needed for a security licence in Singapore.
Unless exempted by the Police Licensing and Regulatory Department (PLRD) of the Singapore Police Force, anyone who is keen to become a security officer will have to take and successfully pass the 3 WSQ courses below before getting the security licence.
- Guard and Patrol: Provide Guard and Patrol Services
- Incident Response: Handle Security Incidents and Services
- Threat Observation: Recognise Terrorist Threats(with effect from Jan 2020, candidates who do not pass this module can only be deployed at warehouses and condominiums)
After successful completion of the 3 WSQ modules, trainee may apply for the Security ID card.
More information on the security officer licence can be found here: STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO GETTING YOUR SECURITY LICENCE
Course Fees and Duration
|Course Title||No. of Days|
|Full Course Fees|| With SSG Funding|
≥ 21 years old (Singaporeans and PRs)
|With SSG Funding|
≥ 40 years old (Singaporeans only)
|Guard and Patrol: Provide Guard and Patrol Services||3 days||$265.00||$66.87||$42.11|
|Incident Response: Handle Security Incidents and Services||4 days||$423.00||$106.74||$67.20|
|Threat Observation: Recognise Terrorist Threats||3 days||$470.80||$164.80||$74.80|
|Total Course Fees for BLUs||$1,158.80||$338.41||$184.11|
NTUC members can enjoy 50% *unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP.
*Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy. This excludes GST, registration fees, misc. fees etc.
Average teacher: student ratio for each module is 1 : 20.
To view our upcoming course schedules, please visit: BLU Course Schedule
Entry Requirements (must have one of the following):
- PSLE or equivalent, or
- At least 3 WSQ Statements of Attainment in Workplace Literacy or Numeracy (WPLN) at Level 1 or 2
* Those who do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.