Modules for Diploma
The Diploma in Security is designed in accordance to the skill standards set by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This is a competency-based training programme that is targeted towards security management staff who oversees the security operations at several sites or who manages security operations in-house.
The programme incorporates the theoretical and practical aspects to manage security operations in the workplace. At the end of each module, participants will be subjected to a summative assessment to test their competencies on the respective subjects taught. The assessments are based on open book written questions and home written assignments.
Full Qualification – Diploma in Security
Under the Skills Framework (SFw) for Security, full qualification for Certificate in Security requires the learner to complete 7 modules:
- Quality Assurance and Audit (Manage Security Operations)
- Incident Response (Manage Security Emergencies)
- Capability Development (Achieve Work Effectiveness in Security Environment)
- Security Operation Compliance (Manage Security Agency Within Legal Framework)
- Conflict Resolution Management (Manage and Resolve Conflict in Security Environment)
- Performance Management (Manage Performance of Security Personnel)
- Manpower Planning (Develop a Manpower Deployment Plan)
Upon completion of the individual modules, a WSQ Statement of Attainment will be duly awarded by SSG. After successfully completing the required modules, you will be awarded a WSQ Diploma in Security and a related transcript by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Please note that the courses are offered on a modular basis.
For security practitioners, security consultants, those in charge of building services managing security service providers, security operation managers, executives, Chief Security Officers and Supervisors.
Entry Requirements (must have one of the following):
- GCE N pass in English or equivalent (NTC 2, NITEC, SPM pass English); or
- Attained WPLN Level 4 or equivalent; or
- Attained Advanced Certificate in Security; or
- At least 2 years working as a Security Supervisor
* Those who do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
*Average teacher : student ratio for each module is 1 : 20.