Modules for Diploma
The Diploma in Security is designed in accordance to the skill standards set by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This is a competency-based training programme that is targeted towards security management staff who oversees the security operations at several sites or who manages security operations in-house.
The programme incorporates the theoretical and practical aspects to manage security operations in the workplace. At the end of each module, participants will be subjected to a summative assessment to test their competencies on the respective subjects taught. The assessments are based on open book written questions and home written assignments.
Full Qualification – Diploma in Security
Under the Skills Framework (SFw) for Security, full qualification for Certificate in Security requires the learner to complete 7 modules:
- Quality Assurance and Audit (Manage Security Operations)
- Incident Response (Manage Security Emergencies)
- Capability Development (Achieve Work Effectiveness in Security Environment)
- Security Operation Compliance (Manage Security Agency Within Legal Framework)
- Conflict Resolution Management (Manage and Resolve Conflict in Security Environment)
- Performance Management (Manage Performance of Security Personnel)
- Manpower Planning (Develop a Manpower Deployment Plan)
Upon completion of the individual modules, a WSQ Statement of Attainment will be duly awarded by SSG. After successfully completing the required modules, you will be awarded a WSQ Diploma in Security and a related transcript by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Please note that the courses are offered on a modular basis.
For security practitioners, security consultants, those in charge of building services managing security service providers, security operation managers, executives, Chief Security Officers and Supervisors.
*Average teacher : student ratio for each module is 1 : 20.