Modules for Advanced Certificate
The Advanced Certificate modules are competency-based training tailored for security supervisors and senior security supervisors. The modules would equip the learner with Supervisory skills to manage and facilitate the work of a team of Security Officers.
At the end of each module, participants will be subjected to an assessment to test their competencies on the respective subjects taught. The assessments are based on role plays, oral questions and written assignments.
Different modules equip trainees with different specialised skills to perform their duties.
Full Qualification – Advanced Certificate in Security
Under the Skills Framework (SFw) for Security, full qualification for Advanced Certificate in Security requires the learner to complete 6 modules.
- Guard and Patrol (Supervise Security Supervisor Course)
- Security Risk Analysis (Assess and Address Security Risks)
- Capability Development (Induct Security Personnel)
- Security Operations Compliance (Perform Supervisory Duties within Legal Framework)
- Manpower Planning (Monitor and Review Security Operations) OR (Conduct Operation Briefing and Debriefing)
- Access Control Management (Perform Security Command Centre Activities at Client’s Premises) OR (Deploy Security Equipment)
Upon completion of the individual modules, a WSQ Statement of Attainment for the respective module will be duly awarded by SSG. After successfully completing the required modules , you will be awarded a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Security and the related transcript by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Please note that the courses are offered on a modular basis.
Who should attend:
Security Supervisors, auxilliary police officers of the rank of Sergeant or above or any person managing a team of security officers.
Minimum Entry Requirements (must have one of the following):
- Secondary education without a GCE O/N Level pass or their equivalent; or
- At least 3 ES WPLN Statements of Attainment at Level 3
* Those who do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
*Average teacher : student ratio for each module is 1 : 20.