WSQ Advanced Certificate in Security
The WSQ Advanced Certificate in Security is a competency-based training programme for security supervisors. The modules would equip the learner with Supervisory skills to manage and facilitate the work of a team of Security Officers.
The programme incorporates the theoretical and practical aspects to supervise security operations in the workplace. At the end of each module, participants will be subjected to an assessment to test their competencies on the respective subjects taught. The assessments are based on role plays, oral questions and written assignments.
Under the Skills Framework (SFw) for Security, full qualification for Advanced Certificate in Security requires the learner to complete 6 modules:
- Guard and Patrol (Supervise Security Supervisor Course)
- Security Risk Analysis (Assess and Address Security Risks)
- Capability Development (Induct Security Personnel)
- Security Operations Compliance (Perform Supervisory Duties within Legal Framework)
- Manpower Planning (Monitor and Review Security Operations) OR (Conduct Operation Briefing and Debriefing)
- Access Control Management (Perform Security Command Centre Activities at Client’s Premises) OR (Deploy Security Equipment)
Upon completion of the individual modules, a WSQ Statement of Attainment for the respective module will be duly awarded by SSG. After successfully completing the required modules , you will be awarded a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Security and the related transcript by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Who should attend:
Security Supervisors, auxilliary police officers of the rank of Sergeant or above or any person managing a team of security officers.
*Average teacher : student ratio for each module is 1 : 20.