Manage Security Agency within Legal Framework is a WSQ Diploma module that serves to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of the legal considerations covering the various aspects of managing a security agency in Singapore. This is a mandatory module to become Chief Security Officer (CSO).The course would be based on the following three scenarios:
- You are the Operations persons working off-site for a Security Guarding Agency assigned to manage one of their sites.
- You have just been hired as a Security Manager/Supervisor for an organization to manage the security team that is outsourced from a Security Guarding Agency.
- You have just been hired as a Security Manager/Supervisor for an organization to manage the in-house security team.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Interpret legal and licensing requirements to operate security agency
- Implement agency’s rights and obligations as employer of security personnel
- Implement agency’s obligations to client’s intellectual property
- Analyse legal implications in common premises where security personnel are deployed
- Apply understanding of security agency’s legal powers, rights and responsibilities at work
Security Supervisors with Full Advanced Certificate, Security Agency Managers, Security Operations Managers, Chief Security Officers, Security Executives
Entry Requirements (must have one of the following):
- GCE N pass in English or equivalent (NTC 2, NITEC, SPM pass English); or
- Attained WPLN Level 7; or
- Attained Advanced Certificate in Security Supervision (7 modules); or
- At least 3 years working as a Security Supervisor (with Supervise Security Officer SOA)
* Those who do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
Course Duration and Timings
50 training hours (6 days) 0900hrs to 1800hrs daily
Summative Assessment by APRO – 3 weeks after course date (2 hours)
Interview by APRO – 1 week after written assessment (1 hour)
|Full Course Fees||$856.00|
|With SSG Funding, ≥21 years old (Singaporeans and PRs)||$456.00|
|With SSG Funding, ≥40 years old (Singaporeans only)||$136.00|
Funding expiry: 14 Jan 2021