Manage and Resolve Conflict in Security Environment equips learners with skills to manage conflicts across different levels in the security environment. Effective conflict management skills are essential to maintaining good working relationships and a productive working environment.
This module would be based on the following three scenarios:
- You are the Operations persons working off-site for a Security Guarding Agency assigned to manage one of their sites.
- You have just been hired as a Security Manager/Supervisor for an organization to manage the security team that is outsourced from a Security Guarding Agency.
- You have just been hired as a Security Manager/Supervisor for an organization to manage the in-house security team.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse legislative requirements and guidelines and compliance requirements appropriate to the organisation’s context
- Document all interactions and agreements to ensure follow-through and commitment by all parties involved
- Present improvement recommendation proposals to stakeholders
- Work with involved parties to investigate validity and credibility of claims
- Prepare and support others to develop possible responses or solutions based on review of information
- Communicate with involved parties to agree to issues under consideration
- Perform negotiation with stakeholders involved using conflict resolution techniques
Security Supervisors with Full Advanced Certificate, Security Agency Managers, Security Operations Managers, Chief Security Officers, Security Executives
Entry Requirements (must have one of the following):
- GCE N pass in English or equivalent (NTC 2, NITEC, SPM pass English); or
- Attained WPLN Level 7; or
- Attained Advanced Certificate in Security Supervision (7 modules); or
- At least 3 years working as a Security Supervisor (with Supervise Security Officer SOA)
* Those who do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
Course Duration and Timings
18 training hours (2 days) 0900hrs to 1800hrs daily
Summative Assessment by APRO – 2 weeks after course date (2 hours)
Interview by APRO – 1 week after written assessment (1 hour)
|Full Course Fees||$856.00|
|With SSG Funding, ≥21 years old (Singaporeans and PRs)||$586.00|
|With SSG Funding, ≥40 years old (Singaporeans only)||$136.00|
Funding expiry: 17 Dec 2020