Manage Performance of Security Personnel is a WSQ Diploma module that equips learners with the theoretical and practical aspects of managing performance of security personnel. The course will go through the entire process-flow of performance management – starting with the assignment of work, communication of goals and expectations, monitoring and review of the performance of the staff and finally to the follow-up of the review.
The content of the module would be based on the following three scenarios:
- You are the Operations persons working off-site for a Security Guarding Agency assigned to manage one of their sites.
- You have just been hired as a Security Manager/Supervisor for an organization to manage the security team that is outsourced from a Security Guarding Agency.
- You have just been hired as a Security Manager/Supervisor for an organization to manage the in-house security team.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss with relevant security personnel on assignment of work
- Check work assigned is cost effective and according to operational requirements
- Communicate and clarify with security personnel to adhere to performance standards and code of conduct
- Identify and obtain consent on performance target
Security Supervisors with Full Advance Certificate, Security Agency Managers, Security Operations Managers, Chief Security Officers, Security Executives
Entry Requirements (must have one of the following):
- GCE N pass in English or equivalent (NTC 2, NITEC, SPM pass English); or
- Attained WPLN Level 4 or equivalent; or
- Attained Advanced Certificate in Security; or
- At least 2 years working as a Security Supervisor
* Those who do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
Course Duration and Timings
16 training hours (2 days) 0900hrs to 1800hrs daily
Summative Assessment by APRO – 2 weeks after course date (1.5 hours)
Interview by APRO – 1 week after written assessment (0.5 hour)
|Full Course Fees||$864.00|
|With SSG Funding, ≥21 years old (Singaporeans and PRs)||$464.00|
|With SSG Funding, ≥40 years old (Singaporeans only)||$304.00|
Funding expiry: 17 Jan 2025