Conduct Security Screening Using X-Ray Machine is a course for security officers to learn how to perform security screening using X-ray machines. This course is mandatory for security officers who are operating the X-ray machines during the course of their work.
With the introduction of the Infrastructure Protection Act (IPA) 2017, there is an increasing demand in enhanced access control security screening in both private sectors and public accessed areas. Security Officers performing security duties at these locations would have to be competent in performing security screening using X-Ray machines as part of their enhanced job scope.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct procedures to prepare for a security screening duty using x-ray machine
- Demonstrate the correct procedures to perform security screening duty using x-ray machine
- Demonstrate the correct procedures to handle incidents involving detection of dangerous or hazardous items
- Demonstrate the correct procedures to conclude security screening activities in accordance with organisational procedures
Security officers who are performing security screening duties at their workplace or personnel who wish to seek knowledge and abilities in performing security screening using X-ray machines.
- Security officers with a license from Police Licencing and Regulatory Department; or
- Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLE) or equivalent; or
- At least 3 WSQ Statements of Attainment in Workplace Literacy or Numeracy (WPLN) at Level 1 or 2 (eg under ESS, ESS)
*Those that do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
* Learners must be able to identify and differentiate green, orange and blue colour
Course Duration and Timings
4 days (26 training hours) 0900hrs to 1800hrs daily
Summative Assessment by POLWEL – 4th day (2 hours)
|Full Course Fees||$642.00|
|With SSG Funding, ≥21 years old (Singaporeans and PRs)||$200.00|
|With SSG Funding, ≥40 years old (Singaporeans only)||$102.00|
Funding expiry: 20 Aug 2021