Perform Security Duties at Protected Areas and Protected Places (also known as PAPP course) will train security officers on the Rules of Engagement while performing security duties within and in the surrounding areas of the protected areas and protected places under the Infrastructure Protection Act.
Pursuant to the Infrastructure Protection Act, all unarmed security personnel deployed at protected areas/protected placed will need to be trained and attain WSQ certification in “Recognise Terrorist Threats”, and “Perform Security Duties at Protected Areas and Protected Places” training modules.
For more information on Infrastructure Protection Act, please refer to: https://www.police.gov.sg/Advisories/Infrastructure-Protection/Protected-Areas-and-Protected-Places
At the end of this course, participants will:
- Have the knowledge of security safeguards for building under the Infrastructure Protection Act
- Be able to manage and refuse entries into the buildings with screening, search, detention and arrest
- Be able to detect, deter and stop unauthorized intelligence and suspicious activities surrounding buildings
Security officers or security personnel currently deployed or looking to be deployed at Protected Areas/Protected Places
- Security officers with a license from Police Licencing and Regulatory Department with one-year security industry experience; or
- Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLE) or equivalent; or
- At least 3 WSQ Statements of Attainment in Workplace Literacy or Numeracy (WPLN) at Level 1 or 2 (eg under ESS, ESS)
*Those that do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
Course Duration and Timings
2.5 days (20 training hours) 0900hrs to 1800hrs daily
Summative Assessment by POLWEL – 3rd or 4th day (1.5 hours)
|Full Course Fees||$460.10|
|With SSG Funding, ≥21 years old (Singaporeans and PRs)||$116.10|
|With SSG Funding, ≥40 years old (Singaporeans only)||$73.10|
Funding expiry: 11 Mar 2023
Click here for breakdown of course fees