Operate Basic Security Equipment course is one of the two mandatory Senior Security Officer (SSO) course. It covers the knowledge, skills and attitudes required of a security personnel to operate an access control, alarm monitoring and closed circuit television (CCTV) monitoring equipment.
- Able to identify the access points of entry for different levels of authorized entry
- Able to operate the access control equipment in accordance to organization
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Able to report the location of unauthorized entry
- Able to identify the nature of unauthorized entry
- Able to carry out basic troubleshooting and report any equipment fault to the supervisor
- Able to complete relevant documentation relating to the access control equipment
- Security officers with a license from Police Licencing and Regulatory Department with 6-months security industry experience; or
- Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLE) or equivalent; or
- At least 3 WSQ Statements of Attainment in Workplace Literacy or Numeracy (WPLN) at Level 1 or 2 (eg under ESS, ESS)
*Those that do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
Learners should also be able to read a computer monitor and see at a distance and possess basic skills in operating a computer
Course Duration and Timings
1.5 days (12 training hours), 0900hrs to 1800hrs daily
Summative Assessment by POLWEL – 3rd day (2 hours)
Click here for monthly schedule
|Full Course Fees||$470.80|
|With SSG Funding, ≥21 years old||$232.80|
|With SSG Funding, ≥40 years old||$120.80|
|With WTS Funding||$99.80|
Funding expiry: 29 Dec 2020
Click here for breakdown of course fees
APRO Training Centre
WSQ Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
7 days before course commencement
Handouts, tea time refreshments and snacks
Smart casual attire (collared shirt & pants / uniform) with proper covered shoes.
Average teacher : student ratio for each module is 1 : 20
To find out more, please call 65676388 or contact us via the form below.