The Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Provide Guard and Patrol Services and Handle Security Incidents and Services are both core units, which meet the national competency standards as set by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). Both units are within the Competency Category of Provide Security Operation Services Grade 1 and are modules leading to the WSQ Certificate in Security Operations.They are also mandatory modules for licensing as required by Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD) of the Singapore Police Force. That means a person working as a security officer must complete both modules and be assessed successfully in order for them to work as a security officer if they are not already exempted by PLRD.
On completion of this unit, learner will have the knowledge and application skills in handling security incidents and services and be able to apply them to the workplace. This includes:
- Containing incidents of damage to facilities and equipment
- Handling fire-related incidents
- Handling crime-related incidents
- Handling medical or first-aid related incidents
- Handling bomb or IED (Improvised Explosive Device) threat incidents
- Searching, apprehending and arresting suspect
- Giving evidence in court
- Secondary 2 education, SPM or NTC 2 (must show certificates) or
- Able to read, write and speak English at ESS WPLN Level 4
*Those that do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
Certification: WSQ Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)